Associate Professor Russo co-founded Innervate Pain Management in 2005. A/Prof Russo’s vision was to provide a multidisciplinary approach to pain management and developed Australia’s first private successful multidisciplinary pain management model. Using this approach with clinical diligence, early intervention, education and research in the field of pain management, he successfully treats patients suffering from chronic persistent pain. A/Prof Russo has published over 40 journal articles. He is a nationally and internationally requested speaker at Pain and Neuromodulation conferences and a past Secretary of the International Neuromodulation Society and Founding President of the Neuromodulation Society of Australia and New Zealand.
A/Prof Russo’s current external appointments include:
- Director at Large of Neuromodulation Society of Australia and New Zealand (NSANZ)
- Director at Large of the International Neuromodulation Society (INS)
- Deputy Chair of the NSW Regional Committee of the Faculty Pain Medicine, Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA)
- Examiner for the Faculty of Pain Medicine (ANZCA) plus serves on 5 other committees of the Faculty
- Honorary Associate Professor, Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Hong Kong
- Conjoint Lecturer, Faculty of Health and Medicine, University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia